We advocate for the rights of Muslim women through our programs, casework, research, publications and consultancy.
We believe that Muslim women must be the impetus for change in their status as citizens. We take a non-religious, non-sectarian approach to our work and apply a social justice lens to it.
As one of the leading voices on Muslim women’s rights in Australia, we support a vision of Islam at its most progressive, immediate and pertinent to the challenges that Muslim women face.
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights produces a range of research and publications on topics relating to Muslim women in Australia.
We work for the rights of Muslim women in Australia by:
- Empowering women’s self-determination
- Bringing a human rights approach to bear on issues of inequality and disadvantage
- Working with individuals, communities and government to advocate and educate for equality within the Australian context.
We work to achieve Equality without Exception.
We advocate for the rights of all Muslim women through our programs, casework, research, publications and consultancy.
experts at leading change
In realising our vision, we use a human rights framework to amplify the voices of Muslim women. We acknowledge the inherent agency that Muslim women have.
Our research, programs and services aim to build capacity and raise awareness to break down structural barriers that exist for Muslim women in Australia, both within Muslim communities and in broader social and political contexts.
Our consulting and training services build the capacity of organisations and partners to respond to Muslim communities through culturally safe, awareness-raising training. This work draws on the expertise we’ve built through working with Muslim women and young Muslims since 1991.
- Individual support services for Muslim women
- Specialised family violence support
- Settlement services
- Secondary consultation and collaborative casework
- Specialised cultural and religious support
- Parenting programs
- Settlement programs
- Young women’s programs
- Capacity-building and leadership programs
- Community Consultations and Feedback
Training and Consultation
- Media and communications
- Advocacy and policy
- Training and sector capacity-building
Our impact this financial year
Women/Young women supported
Service providers trained
Sessions (groupwork/training) conducted
Your kind donations will contribute to the work we do in supporting Muslim women.
If you would like to support our work, you can donate via the link below.