We at the Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights are committed to doing everything in our power to ensure that our essential services continue to run.
We are working on providing accurate information about the pandemic to our networks, so it is accessible in community languages.
If you have any questions about our organisation, how our decisions may impact you or if you need any assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone or email.
We’re here to help:
Your safety & health is important to us, so too is the safety of our staff. due to the current situation, the following services have been moved to online platforms:
- One-on-one settlement casework support
- One-on-one family violence casework support
- Culturally and linguistically responsive service
- Advocacy, referral & information provision
- Secondary consults
- New referrals
- Collaborative case management
- Halal food boxes
Workshops & Group programs:
- Including leadership, parenting and settlement workshops
- Information sessions in communities and schools
Training and consultations:
- All training activities for service providers have been moved online.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to us via phone on 03 9481 3000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land on which we conduct our work, and that sovereignty has never been ceded. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.